Background

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

No line Colouring

The "No line" technique has been the latest way of colouring so I decided to try my hand at it.

Image used - Magnolia Tilda (Little London 2013 collection)

First, I stamped with Memento - Desert sand(MD804). I thought this colour is the closest I can get to skin colour & light enough for me to colour over it with other colours.

Image stamped in Memento - Desert sand(MD804)


Final result


Verdict:
I realised that because there's no black lines to guide me during the colouring process so there is lesser tolerance for error as in I can't hide behind any black stamped lines or do any forms of amendments with my colourless blender. I needed to also put more emphasis on all highlights & shadows to make the image pop.

It's my 1st try so maybe that's why I took a little longer than I usually but I absolutely love the way it turned out. What do u think? :)


Copic Colours: 
Face: E000, E00, E11& R20
Hair: E50, Y23, E23, E25 & E29
Dark Turquoise: BG70, BG0000, BG72 & BG75
Yellow (Center of the flower): YR31, Y15, Y26 & Y28
Mauve: RV91, RV93, RV95 & RV99
Cream (Flower): E40 & E41
Green (Leaves): G40, G21 & G24
Others: 0


Stamps: Magnolia Tilda (LL 2013 collection)
Materials used: Xpress-It Blending Card, Copic markers, White gel pen,  Memento Ink pad-Desert Sand

4 comments:

  1. My Godness, you did great!!
    I love it ♥
    Totally wonderful
    Have a nice week. Hugs, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful!! I tried it yesterday and it turned out ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! your coloring is Stunning!! First try.. ??? really... Looks Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! Just saw this on Pinterest and had to let you know your colouring is amazing.

    ReplyDelete