Well, for those who didn't understand all of that! LOL! It simply means "Happy New Year", "May each year be filled with abundance" & "Good Health" to all!
The Chinese New Year Couplet
1st CNY Couplet : Zhu Ru Ping An
The 2nd couplet reads as "Xin Xiang Shi Cheng". Means "May you all your wishes come true"
2nd CNY couplet: Xin Xiang Shi Cheng
Detailed shot of where the Tildas are placed
For those who are curious how I did this project, I'll briefly describe it.
1) Chose my Paper - Basic Grey Konnichiwa collection & cut out 2 rectangles that will be my base for my couplet.
2) Printed the Chinese words that I want from the computer & attached it with removable tape to my paper & cut out the words with my Xacto-knife
3) Mat the couplet on red & gold CS
4) Lined each couplet with nini gold pearl string
5) Fill out the "hollow words" with Stickles-Xmas Red
6) Attached my coloured Tildas with foam adhesive
7) Glue all the flowers
8) Created Ribbon loops to insert my rods
9) For the rods, I created them out of dowels & dowel caps then painted them gold
10) Tie a metallic red string on the top of each couplet for hanging.
Thanks for popping in! & a very blessed New Year to all!
Materials used: Coloured Magnolias, red & gold CS, Red Metallic String, Dowel caps, Dowels, Adirondack Metallic Acrylic paint dabber- Gold, mini gold pearl string, gold & red ribbon, glossy accent, Beacon 3 in 1 glue, Foam adhesive, Magnolia shabby chc flower - Yellow Tulle, resin & clay flowers (various size & colour)